We have been asked a variety of questions about this, so we hope the following helps:
1. Cafe Ciclista HAD to close on Friday 13th March by order of the Spanish Government. It was not optional.
2. We MUST remain shut for a minimum of 15 days. We think that is likely to be made longer by the Government.
3. We are confined to our houses. We are only allowed out to go to the supermarket or the pharmacy. Please note that means we cannot just pop down to the Café to get things for people including turbo trainers.. Non-essential journeys = big fine from the police.
4. All bike reservations made for the dates that we are under these restrictions have been cancelled. Cycling outside is forbidden by law.
5. Bike reservations for the period after the restrictions have been lifted are valid. That means the normal cancellation policy is in place. This is detailed on our bike hire page. If people wish to change the dates of their reservations within 2020 we will do our best to accommodate them.
Please note, March > May is our peak season. Like many small businesses, we are now completely at the mercy of the pandemic.
The longer it goes on, the harder it will be to survive.
We hope we see you all in happier and healthier times.
John, Maria, Eli and Moaad.
Train In Spain provides cyclists with the opportunity to ride in the Costa Blanca region that is renowned throughout the cycling world for the excellence of its roads, the challenging mountains, the great weather, and beautiful scenery. Pass the week training, relaxing, eating and sleeping. Book your flights, pack your bike or hire one of ours and we’ll take care of the rest. Training camps, all year round cycling breaks, the Quebrantahuesos and our Cafe Ciclista. Train in Spain – train where the Pros do!
Check Out our Video
MASSAGE IN CAFÉ CICLISTA DENIACycling in the mountains is rewarding but it is hard work – legs, back, neck and arms can all ache from the exertions of a challenging ride. A post-ride massage has long been an essential part of the pro cyclists’ routine – it helps to ease tired muscles and relax aching limbs so that you are ready to do it all again the next day. At Café Ciclista we have our very own resident masseuse, Maria, who practices deep tissue massage as well as offering relaxing leg and back massages to help you unwind.
Just back from a brilliant cycling break in May 2018. First time cycling in Spain for our group of eight and John organised everything including airport pickup, accommodation and provision of top range bikes. He is an excellent guide and took us on a variety of routes that were both challenging and scenic. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to have a great cycling break in Spain. We plan to be back.
Michael Ryan, Dublin
I’ve been coming to Denia for over eight years now; originally as a guest on John’s brilliant training camps and then more recently independently but still using John’s place as my hub; a staple in the daily cycling programme; guaranteed good coffee, cake and lunches! It’s a must for the start and finish of your ride! And John is ever the great guide and mechanic to me still every time I turn up! I’ve had a pretty decent racing career and John/TiS/Café Ciclista has played it’s part in that. Couldn’t recommend a better training place; Denia, TiS, Café Ciclista and John make it a week (or several!) worth having! And I’ll be back….must make it twenty visits by 2020, only a few to go!
We decided to go to Denia as we were seeking some winter sun and were recommended the area as the ideal spot. Rather than pay the hefty fees for our own bikes on the plane, we decided to rent locally and found John at Cafe Ciclista. The bikes were great! We each rode a Ridley Fenix, with Ultegra spec and full carbon - they were perfect. The area is ideal for riding; the roads, views and weather were exactly what we needed for a break from the British winter weather! Thanks John and team!
A group of young cyclists from Dublin (average age 50+) were treated to 3 days of top notch service by our host John. Superb bikes, tough routes, great location and a brilliant guide in John. Good suggestions on restaurants included. John - a man of many talents. No one trick pony.