We have been asked a variety of questions about this, so we hope the following helps:
1. Cafe Ciclista HAD to close on Friday 13th March by order of the Spanish Government. It was not optional.
2. We MUST remain shut for a minimum of 15 days. We think that is likely to be made longer by the Government.
3. We are confined to our houses. We are only allowed out to go to the supermarket or the pharmacy. Please note that means we cannot just pop down to the Café to get things for people including turbo trainers.. Non-essential journeys = big fine from the police.
4. All bike reservations made for the dates that we are under these restrictions have been cancelled. Cycling outside is forbidden by law.
5. Bike reservations for the period after the restrictions have been lifted are valid. That means the normal cancellation policy is in place. This is detailed on our bike hire page. If people wish to change the dates of their reservations within 2020 we will do our best to accommodate them.
Please note, March > May is our peak season. Like many small businesses, we are now completely at the mercy of the pandemic.
The longer it goes on, the harder it will be to survive.
We hope we see you all in happier and healthier times.
John, Maria, Eli and Moaad.